Assistant Director – Civil Litigation and Asset Recovery – EACC “5” (1 Post) Ref: EACC/LS/ADCLAR/1
Reporting to the Director, Legal Service through the Deputy Director, Civil Litigation, Asset Recovery and Legal Support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review pleadings, opinions and other legal drafts prepared by officers in the department to ensure sufficiency of information
- Provide technical advice to lawyers in the Department on proposed claims and conduct of legal proceedings.
- Provide legal opinions in cases where the Commission is sued and provide actual legal representation in the court
- Implement and monitor the divisional budget to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the Commission`s resources.
- Initiate and coordinate the development and review of policies, guidelines and regulations on enforcement of anti-corruption legislations
- Initiate the recovery of corruptly accured assets.
- Provide legal service on contracts, Memorandums of Understanding and partnerships agreements between the Commission and third parties
- Institute civil proceedings for compensation, forfeiture or recovery of public assets acquired through corrupt activities
- Review legislations and making recommendations on amendments.
- File and prosecute applications for preservation of assets pending conclusion of investigations.
- Carry out legal research on the Commission related issues. Monitor the implementation of departmental work plans on monthly, quarterly and annual basis through review meetings and reporting
- Participate in the preparation of budgets for the Department
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Minimum of twelve (12) years` relevant post-admission experience, three (3) of which should be in a senior position, from a reputable organisation;
- Bachelor`s degree in Law or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Master`s degree in any of the following disciplies: Law, International Relations, Education, Communication, Public Administration, Programme Management, Criminology, Ethics and Leadership, Governance, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification;
- Diploma in Law from the Council of Legal Education or its equivalent qualification form a recognised institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent knowledge in Constitutional law, judicial review, anti-corruption legislation and restitution;
- Knowledge of ethics, leadership and integrity.
- Size: 138.471kB Apply
Publication & Reports